Easytag was our first app and its successor, Dartfish Note, is certainly the better tagging app in many ways. Easytag continues to have its fans, but as the EasyTag-Note update removes some of the Easytag functionality, it may be time to reconsider a move to Note.
How is Note better than Easytag Note?
Although its appearance is closer to Note, Easytag Note is closer in functionality to its parent than its big brother.
- Easytag Note panel layouts are simple grid layouts - Note offers free positioning and sizing of buttons by drag and drop
- Customised button colours
- Note panels can have way more buttons - currently up to 80 over a two page panel
- Button duplication feature makes creation of a Note panel much quicker.
- Note panels store lists of teams and players - personalize buttons quickly and simply, even while tagging.
- Easytag Note can only use one keyword to describe each event. That's unlimited in Note.
- A new Easytag Notebook must be created for each video recording - Note allocates events to periods, so one Notebook can store the events of the entire game - even when it has been recorded as several video files.
- Panels uploaded to your channel are automatically available to its members when they create new panels
Why stick with Easytag/EasyTag-Note?
- Cost. Note requires a myDartfish plan. That has many benefits but if it's not for you then Easytag will cost you less
- Direct CSV export. Easytag emails CSV files straight from the app. If this file format is most useful to you then Easytag is marginally more efficient at distributing it.