The Online Commenting feature allows your audience to add comments to videos published on dartfish.tv from a web browse. This facilitate the interactions between content creators and spectators subscribed to their collections. Remote coaching is made easier by allowing athletes ro react to the analysis and teachings of their coaches
Enable the feature
The feature is defined for each collection and needs to be enabled by a channel administrator. once the feature is activated, everyone that has a dartfish.tv account and can watch the content is able to add comments
- Open the admin page of the dartfish.tv channel
- Go to the "Sharing" tab
- Select a collection and click on "Edit"
- Tick the box "Let the audience add comments to this collection's content"
- Click on "Save
Any user who has access to the collection is now able to add comments. If the collection is public, any user with a dartfish.tv account can add comments without requiring additional rights. Thus, be careful when enabling the Online Commenting on public collections
Add a comment
Comments can be added to the video. If the video contains events or still shots, comments can also be added to those specific items
To add a comment to the video:
- Open the comment pane by clicking on "Show Comments"
- Type the comment and click on "Save"
- The comment is added to the video. You can edit or delete your own comments by clicking on the "..." next to it. Administrators and moderators can also delete comments from other users, but they can't edit them
To add a comment to a stillshot or an event:
- Open the event or stillshot in the "Event list"
- On the header of the comment pane, the name of the selected event of stillshot appears
- Type your comment in the comment box and click on "Save"
- While the event or stillshot is open, only comments referring to this items are displayed. To go back to the video comments, click on the header of the "Event list"
Add a comment marker
If you want to add a comment to a specific part of the video that is not yet identified by an event or a still shot, it is possible to add a comment marker on that specific frame. This comment marker acts as a still shot that is only supported on a browser interface (not in Dartfish softwares and mobile applications). Once the marker is added, it is possible to add comments like for any standard event or stillshot
To adda comment marker:
- Pause the video at the desired frame
- Click on the button "Add comment marker"
- A blue lollipopis added on the timeline
- Type your comment and click on "Save"
- The label of the comment marker is automatically extracted from the first words of the comment
- This marker can then be commented or edited like any other standard still shot or event
Frequently asked questions
What happens to the comments if a video belongs to several collections
It is possible to place a video in several collections. If that is the case, the comments are also shared between all the collections. If the commenting feature is enabled in only one of the collection, then the comments are only visible to the subscribers of that collection