Important: a new version of Dartfish API has been released. You have until the 31st of December 2022 to update your system and replace the channel key. Past this date the existing key will not work Find the manual for the new version here: https://api.dartfish.tv/
In our constant effort to improve the quality and reliability of our services, we have released a new version of the Dartfish PowerBI API V2.0 to improve the security of the dartfish.tv platform. The Dartfish PowerBi API is used to create interactive data and video dashboards and publish them on dartfish.tv channels.
The Dartfish PowerBI API requires the use of the channel key, a unique key that allows access to all the data stored on your dartfish.tv channel. With this key, external systems such as PowerBI can interact with your dartfish.tv channel. This key was previously displayed on the settings page of the channel admin page. Any admin could retrieve it and the key would not change. The key will now be hidden, and admin will need to retrieve a temporary key with limited duration by signing in dartfish.tv using the admin account
Why did we change it?
Having a permanent channel key would create a security concern, as it could easily end in the hands of external users or people no longer part of your organisation. By creating this temporary key and by forcing users to sign in to get it, we ensure that only authorized people get access to it
What will you need to do?
For new PowerBI dashboards, simply use the Dartfish PowerBI API V2
For existing dahsboards, those will work until the 31st of December 2022. You have until this date to update them to the Dartfish PowerBI API V2. To update a dashboard:
- Retrieve the temporary channel key.
- Go to https://api.dartfish.tv/swagger/index.html.
- Sign in by clicking on Authorize
- Click on Access and enter the channel ID to get the temporary channel key
- In PowerBI, replace your existing channel key by this new one
- Replace the piece of code "RelativePath" in your PowerBI query
- New API V2: RelativePath="/api/v2/video/"&ZeCollectionID&"/"&ZeMatchID&"/EventData",
- Old API V1: RelativePath="/api/video/v1/"&ZeCollectionID&"/"&ZeMatchID&"/EventData",
If your dashboard applies to a collection, the relative path should be the following: RelativePath = "/api/v2/collection/" & CollectionID & "/EventData",
Read the documentation for more information: