An update can be blocked if the driver is not OEM.
In order to install a driver which comes from the manufacturer website directly, you need to install it manually.
Here is how to update the driver manually :
- Download the ZIP version of driver package.
- Extract the zip file somewhere easy to find, e.g your "Desktop".
- Go to Device Manager
- In "Display Adapters" find "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
- Right click on it and go to "Properties"
Now new window should appear.
- Click "Driver" tab
- Then click "Update Driver..." button.
A new window will appear.
- Now click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
- It's will show you next page.
WARNING: DO NOT click on "Browse" here! Ignore this form!
- Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
- In this window click on "Have Disk..." button.
A window pop's up to find the driver
- Navigate to the extracted driver folder
- Go to the "Graphics" sub-folder
- Click on the igdlh64.inf (or igdlh32.inf if you have 32-bit OS)
It's should gone back to last window with only one driver to choose from
WARNING: Name of INF file might be different!
- Select that only driver and click "Next.." Done
- Restart your PC