Dartfish software Pro S offers the possibility to record up to 4 cameras in a single recording. The resulting file created is a Dartfish Document and the tagging, the metadata and the synchronization between the different views are persisted after the capture is stopped. When a Dartfish document is opened in Dartfish, the 4 video views are loaded automatically.
You will find herebelow a list of the limitations of the current implementation of the Dartfish Document:
- The multi-views document is a Pro S feature. A multi-view document can be opened in the Live S but only the view A will be displayed
- In the library, only the view A is displayed
- The only way to create a multi-views document is through the Live capture.
- When recording a multi-views document, the timeshift is not supported in the side-by-side mode (N.B: the feature can be unlocked if the option "Enable timeshifting in grid view (experimental)" is enabled).
- Recording a multi-view document requires similar video sources (e.g. 2 blackmagic devices, 4 IP cameras with the same video profiles). Mixing recording devices and different frame rates may lead to issues such as bad synchronization and freezes
- Webcams as well as the AVerMedia LGP 2 Plus device, do not capture the audio track during recordings
- The live encoding, (i.e. the possibility to convert a video file during the capture) is not yet available in single and multi-views recordings
Converting, Publishing & Sharing
- Publishing a multi-views document from the event pane uploads only one view. When the publishing is made from the view A/B/C/D mode, the selected view is published. In any other case (publishing when the grid-view is open),the default view A is published.
- Publishing a mutli-views document from the tray uploads the 4 view as 4 separated videos.
- The "Export Events" function creates one video clip per view and per event.
- The "conversion from library" function is disabled for multiview documents.
- OnAir is not able to read multi-views document. When a video recorded in multi-views document is published with OnAir, the events are not published as they are not stored in the .dartclip